Latest News: Registration for the 2015 Cotillion has begun. Register your 3rd – 6th grade child for Cotillion season in order to reserve their spot. This years Cotillion promises to be one of the best yet. Participating students will learn dancing skills, formal table manners, real world manners and etiquette and social skills they can use every day!
Welcome to The Saturday Club. Since the 1880’s The Saturday Club has filled a need for women to enrich their lives by connecting with other women and working to support local organizations through philanthropy and volunteerism. The Saturday Club has demonstrated its commitment to the surrounding community by serving those in need throughout its history. Some highlights from our many accomplishments include:
- As early as 1907, vigorously campaigning for child labor laws and the protection of women from assault
- Founding the first kindergarten in Wayne
- Raising funds for French orphans during World War I
- Converting the Clubhouse into a 60+ bed temporary hospital, when hospitals were overflowing during the 1918 Influenza Pandemic
- Starting a theater group called The Footlighters (now in Berwyn, PA)
- Entertaining the troops and establishing the Clubhouse as an emergency Red Cross hospital, and selling over $85,000 worth of War Bonds during World War II
- Preparing seventy volumes of books in Braille for the Royer-Greaves School for the Blind in Paoli during the 1930’s
- Operating the Peter Pan School for Retarded [sic] Children – a nursery school to provide early education for developmentally delayed and disabled children in the 1960’s
Today, the club supports local organizations through charitable donations and serves as a networking group for its members.