The organizations, projects, and activities we support are reviewed and selected by the Board of Directors each year. The Saturday Club will typically commit to 2-4 years of volunteer service and support for an organization, depending on the balance of activity types and other factors providing opportunities for our members.
If you are part of a non-profit organization that would be interested in partnering with or receiving volunteer support from The Saturday Club, please complete the inquiry form (coming soon) or contact the Vice President for Community Outreach by sending an email to email@example.com.
Below is an outline of the community service and outreach projects that The Saturday Club supported during the 2013-2014 club year:
- Provided homemade baked goods for members of the United States Military who are traveling through the Philadelphia Airport USO
- Provided food for and assembled over 200 brown bag lunches to benefit St. Mary’s Soup Kitchen in Philadelphia
- Collected new, unwrapped toys for holiday gifts for families involved with Turning Points for Children (formerly the Philadelphia Society for Services to Children)
- Planned and conducted the Wayne Senior Center‘s Spring Party
- Planned and hosted our annual American Red Cross Blood Drive at our clubhouse, collecting over 45 pints of blood
- Provided birthday celebrations with a special birthday cake and gift for the student residents of the Radnor ABC (“A Better Chance”) House who are living far away from their families
- Made boxes filled with small toys and activities for children undergoing treatment for chronic conditions at local hospitals through The Jared Box project
- Assisted Acting Without Boundaries on their performance of The Velveteen Rabbit.
- Donated remaining consignment sale items to the Neighborhood League, Marian’s Attic, Cradles to Crayons, and Goodwill