Why Should I Consign with The Saturday Club?
The Saturday Club Women & Children’s Consignment Sale is a great place to consign your clothes, shoes, and accessories. We offer consignors a generous 60-70% of sales, much higher than at a traditional consignment shop.
Consignors set their own prices and can opt-out of the 1/2 price sale. Consignors can donate unsold merchandise to The Saturday Club, or pick it up on Monday, April 30th from 9am – 12pm and 5pm – 7pm – PLEASE NOTE THIS DATE CHANGE.
As a volunteer organization of women, The Saturday Club works to raise funds to help our mission and our philanthropic support of children’s and women’s charities in the greater Philadelphia region.
How do I consign my items?
Consignors must register online and then they will receive a unique Consignor ID number. If you have consigned with us in the past, you will still need to register for each sale, but your Consignor ID number will remain the same year after year.
- New Consignor registration is $15. Returning Consignor registration is $10.
- Please bring a self- addressed stamped envelope when you drop your items so we can mail a check and the sold tags.
- Consignors must use our provided tags.
- Print the tags out in WHITE CARDSTOCK if you do not what your items back at the end of the sale, and YELLOW CARDSTOCK if you would like to pick up your unsold items at the end of the sale on Sunday.
- Consignors who want unsold items returned to them MUST use yellow card stock. Consignors who wish for unsold items to be returned are responsible for picking items up within the designated time frame: from 9am-12pm and 5pm-7pm on Monday, April 30th. Items not picked up will be donated to charity.
What are the different consignment options?
- You tag, price and hang your own items. Bring them to the clubhouse at the designated drop off time: Wednesday, April 25 or Thursday, April 26 between 9:30am – 12:00pm. Doors lock at 12!
Drop & Consign
- Don’t have the time to tag your own items? Have our committee do it for you!
- You will receive 40% of selling prices and agree to have our committee do the pricing for you.
- The Consignment Committee must receive your donation by April 11, 2018. Please select Drop & Consign when you register and we will email you to set up a drop off time.
Drop & Donate
- Feeling generous? If you have women’s or children’s clothes that you wish to donate to the Club, please use this option.
- 100% of the proceeds will go to the Club and you will receive a tax receipt.
- The Consignment Committee must receive your donation by April 11, 2018. Please select Drop & Donate when you register and we will email you to set up a drop off time.
How should I tag my items?
- We HIGHLY recommend that you use cardstock to print your tags. If you use regular printer paper, your tags will most likely fall off, and we cannot sell an item without a tag.
- All tags must be either pinned or attached via a tagging gun to the brand or size tag of the item. Please do NOT pin your items in the front. This damages items. Please make sure that your tags are secure. If the tag falls off, we cannot sell your item.
- Use WHITE cardstock for items that you will donate to The Saturday Club after the sale if it does not sell.
- Use YELLOW cardstock for items that you will pick-up if unsold.
- Saturday is our ½ price sale and anything that doesn’t sell will be sold at 50% the tagged price. If you do NOT want your item to be sold at the ½-price sale, you must indicate this with a LARGE RED DOT (a red Sharpie works great) on the lower right-hand corner of the tag. This only pertains to yellow tagged items. All white items will be sold at 50% off.
- Please fold all jeans, everyday pants, shorts and workout pants. Dress pants can be hung up, but please use pant-hangers, but please do not pin them to wire hangers (they will slide and not show well). When in doubt, fold.
- Please fold all children’s pants, leggings, shorts and onsies.
- Quick tips on non-clothing items:
- Shoes: use packing tape to secure one tag to each sole. Bring the original box if you have it.
- Jewelry: Enclose in sealed plastic bag with a tag tapped to the inside of the bag or item.
- Sets: secure sets together using safety pins or a tagging gun.
- Purses and belts: use tape or string to secure tags around handles or buckles.
How should I price my items:
Items that sell the best are priced around 20% of the original retail price.
What should I consign?
The Saturday Club Sale is known as a great place to find higher-end clothing and shoes for women and children as well as handbags, maternity clothing, and higher-quality costume and trendy jewelry.
We will not be accepting any children’s toys, accessories or bedding for this Spring 2018 sale.
Are there any items you can’t accept?:
- Items that are stained, torn, extremely worn, outdated and/or out-of-style.
- Items that smell of smoke, mothballs or are otherwise damaged or unacceptable.
What about unsold items?
Yellow tagged items that are not picked up after the sale or are donated to the Club may be resold in another venue by The Saturday Club, or they may be donated to a charity that also supports women and children.
In the past, our donations have gone to Goodwill, the Neighborhood League, Marian’s Attic (the thrift shop of The Laurel House), and Cradles to Crayons. Select unsold merchandise may be kept for a future sale (with 100% of proceeds going to The Saturday Club).
All proceeds from these sales and the Consignment Sale overall benefit our philanthropic mission to support women and children.
How will I get paid?
- New Consignors will receive 60% of their gross sales for the first two consignment sales they participate in.
- Returning consignors will receive 70% of gross sales for all subsequent sales.
- Consignors who choose the Drop-and-Consign method you will receive 40%.
Disclaimer & Liability
The Saturday Club will take all reasonable precautions to prevent loss, damage, or theft of consigned items. However, by agreeing to consign, consignors acknowledge the possibility of such occurrences and will not hold The Saturday Club or its representatives liable for any such instance should it occur.