Please read completely as many sections have been updated.
Please read completely as many sections have been updated. By completing the above registration, you agree to this Consignor Agreement.
Why Should I Consign with The Saturday Club?
The Saturday Club’s Women’s & Children’s Consignment Sale is a great place to consign your clothes, shoes and accessories. We offer consignors a generous 60-70% of sales — much higher than a traditional consignment store!
Consignors set their own prices and consignors using yellow tags can opt-out of the 1/2 price sale. Consignors can donate unsold merchandise to The Saturday Club or pick it up at the conclusion of the sale.
As a volunteer organization of women, The Saturday Club works to raise funds to aid our mission and our philanthropic support of children and women’s charities in the greater Philadelphia region.
How do I consign my items?
Consignors must register online and then they will receive a unique Consignor ID number. If you have consigned with us in the past, you will still need to register for each sale, but your Consignor ID number will remain the same year after year.
Consignors must tag, price, and hang your own items prior to drop off.
We will NO LONGER accept any items that are not on hangers. The ONLY exception to this will be jeans, and active pants,. We will not accept any toys or children’s gear.
How much does it cost to consign?
- New Consignor using yellow tags: $40
- New Consignor using white tags: $30
- Returning Consignor using yellow tags $30
- Returning Consignor using white tags: $20
- If you would like your tags mailed back to you after the sale, you will be charged an additional $8 with your registration fee.
What tags do I use?
- Consignors MUST use our provided tag template. We HIGHLY recommend that you use cardstock to print your tags. If you use regular printer paper, your tags will most likely fall off, and we cannot sell an item without a tag.
- If you do not want your items back at the end of the sale, print your tags on WHITE CARDSTOCK.
- If you would like to pick up your unsold items at the end of the sale, print your tags on YELLOW CARDSTOCK. Note: the cardstock MUST be yellow – please do not use anything other than bright yellow, do not highlight white tags, do not use cream or light colored paper. No exceptions will be made to this rule.
- Purchase yellow cardstock at Staples here
- Purchase yellow cardstock at Amazon here
- If you would like your tags returned to you after the sale, you will be charged an additional $5 with your registration to cover the cost of envelopes & postage for your tags. If you do not select this option, your tags will be discarded.
How do I attach my tags?
- We HIGHLY recommend that you use a tagging gun when attaching your tags. It will save you and the volunteers a lot of time. Here is a link to purchase tagging guns if you do not have one.
- All tags must be either pinned or attached via a tagging gun to the brand or size tag of the item. Please do NOT attach tags to your items on the front. This damages items. Please make sure that your tags are secure. If the tag falls off, we cannot sell your item.
- Quick tips on non-clothing items:
- Shoes: Shoes MUST be attached together with a rubber band or zip ties. There should be only ONE tag per pair of shoes (this can be taped to the sole of one shoe). Children’s shoes can be placed together in one large ziploc bag and tagged on the outside of the bag.
- Jewelry: All jewelry MUST be enclosed in a sealed plastic bag with a tag taped to the bag or item. Secure sets together using safety pins or a tagging gun.
- Purses and belts: use tape or string to secure tags around handles or buckles.
How should I price my items?
Items that sell the best are priced around 20% of the original retail price. Overwhelmingly, items priced $15 and under sell the best.
- Saturday is our ½ price sale and anything that doesn’t sell will be sold at 50% the tagged price. If you do NOT want your item to be sold at the ½ price sale, you must indicate this with a LARGE RED DOT (a red Sharpie works great) on the lower right-hand corner of the tag. This only pertains to yellow tagged items. All white tagged items will be sold at 50% off.
- If you have opted to use yellow cardstock, because of the added labor by our volunteer staff involved, no item can be priced less than $5.
- Please price your items using full dollar amounts. For example, an item should be $5 not $4.99 or $4.95. If an item is tagged otherwise, we will round it down to the nearest dollar – $4.99 will be rounded to $4 (or $2 if at the half price sale).
- Please make sure your tags are legible – especially the price and consignor number. Note: if you are typing your tags, please make sure the font size is legible and different from the font used on the tag.
What should I consign?
The Saturday Club Sale is known as a great place to find higher-end clothing and shoes for women and children as well as handbags and higher-quality costume and trendy jewelry.
What items sell best?
- Brand names like Lilly Pulitzer, Lululemon, Under Armour, Vineyard Vines, Patagonia, J.Crew, Mini Boden/Boden, etc.
- Children’s dressy clothing (think holiday outfits)
- Please keep in mind we no longer offer fitting rooms so shoppers cannot try on any clothing (pants and jeans typically do not sell that well).
What condition should the clothes be in?
Please make sure your items:
- are freshly laundered and/or dry cleaned, are free of stains, odors (smoke, moth balls, body odor), pet hair, and lint.
- have no tears, pilling, moth holes, discoloration, fading, signs of excessive wear, and have no missing buttons, zippers, or closures.
- Any items not meeting these criteria will pulled from the sale.
Are there any items you can’t accept?
We will NOT accept:
- Vintage, outdated, and/or out-of-style items.
- Workout wear with the exception of top name-brand leggings or jackets NWT or in like-new condition.
- Maternity items.
- Items that are not on hangers with the exception of women’s & children’s jeans, pants, and leggings.
- Toys or baby supplies.
- Items that are not seasonally appropriate for spring (i.e. no shorts).
- NO intimates of any kind (including ladies’ sports bras – even brand names, even NWT).
- Only NWT children’s bathing suits are accepted.
What happens at drop-off?
- Bring your tagged, priced, hung items to the Clubhouse at your designated drop-off time. You will choose a drop-off time when registering. During your drop-off time, a member volunteer of The Saturday Club will examine your items to make sure they meet all fall sale requirements. If your items do not meet the requirements set forth in these guidelines, you will not be issued a refund for your registration fee.
- Please fold all jeans and workout pants. Dress pants should be hung up.
- Please fold all children’s pants and leggings.
- When you drop off your items, do not leave any Rubbermaid containers or bags as they will NOT be returned to you.
- Please allow a few minutes (will depend on the number of items you are consigning) to complete your drop-off.
What happens to unsold items?
- Consignors who wish for unsold items to be returned are responsible for picking items up within the designated time frame. Items not picked up during the scheduled pick-up date/time window or within 24 hours of being notified by The Saturday Club will immediately be donated to charity.
- Yellow tagged items that are not picked up after the sale or are donated to the Club may be resold in another venue by The Saturday Club, or they may be donated to a charity that also supports women and children.
- In the past, our donations have gone to Goodwill, the Neighborhood League, Marian’s Attic (the thrift shop of The Laurel House), and Cradles to Crayons. Select unsold merchandise may be kept for a future sale (with 100% of proceeds going to The Saturday Club).
- All proceeds from these sales and the Consignment Sale overall benefit our philanthropic mission to support women and children.
How will I get paid?
- New Consignors will receive 60% of their gross sales for the first consignment sale they participate in.
- Returning consignors will receive 70% of gross sales for all subsequent sales.
Waiver and Release of Liability
BY REGISTERING TO CONSIGN, CONSIGNORS AGREE TO (I) RELEASE THE SATURDAY CLUB AND ITS REPRESENTATIVES FROM ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY THEFT OF, OR LOSS OR DAMAGE TO ANY CONSIGNED ITEM(S) (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE RESALE VALUE), REGARDLESS OF THE CAUSE OF SUCH LOSS; AND (II) WAIVE ANY CLAIM IT MAY HAVE AGAINST THE SATURDAY CLUB RELATED TO THE THEFT OF, OR LOSS OR DAMAGE TO ANY CONSIGNED ITEM(S).