Why Should I Consign with The Saturday Club?
The Saturday Club Women & Children’s Consignment Sale is a great place to consign your very good to excellent used condition children’s clothing & shoes (sizes newborn through 16). Items from all seasons will be accepted at our Fall 2020 sale. We offer consignors a generous 60-70% of sales, much higher than at a traditional consignment shop. Consignors set their own prices.
Due to Covid-19 we will be running our sale differently this year. We will have a one day sale on Saturday, September 26. Consignors will be responsible for bringing their items and hanging up in the appropriate areas. All consignors will be assigned a drop-off time between 9am and 11:30am. Our sale will run from 12:00pm to 4:00pm. We will not be running a ½ price sale this year. We will run a bag sale from 4:30 to 5:00pm for any items with a white tag. Consignors may opt to donate unsold merchandise to The Saturday Club, or pick it up on Saturday, September 26th from 5:15 to 6:30pm. If we cannot hold the sale due to weather on September 26 or October 3 we will not have the sale this year. All consignors will have the option to receive a refund on their consignor fee or donate it to The Saturday Club in the event the sale cannot run.
Due to our change in processes this year all checks will be mailed out within two weeks after the sale.
As a volunteer organization of women, The Saturday Club works to raise funds to help our mission and our philanthropic support of women’s and children’s charities in the greater Philadelphia region.
Please note: The registration fees for returning consignors is $13 and new consignors is $18. This increase will cover the cost of your self-addressed stamped envelope. You no longer have to submit these with items with your clothes drop-off.
We will no longer accept any items that are not on hangers. We will not accept any toys or children’s gear.
How do I consign my items?
Consignors must register and receive a unique Consignor ID number (register here). If you have consigned with us in the past, you will still need to register for each sale, but your Consignor ID number will remain the same year after year.
- New Consignor registration is $18. Returning Consignor registration is $13.
- Please advise if you would like your tags returned to you or discarded. Otherwise they will be discarded.
- Consignors must use the provided tags at the end of this document.
- Print the tags out in WHITE if you do not what your items back at the end of the sale, and YELLOW if you would like to pick up your unsold items at the end of the sale on Saturday.
- Consignors who want unsold items returned to them MUST use yellow card stock tickets. Consignors who wish for unsold items to be returned are responsible for picking items up within the designated time frame: from 5:15pm to 6pm on Saturday, September 26th (note rain date of Saturday October 3rd). Items not picked up will be donated to charity.
What are the types of Consignment?
You tag, price and hang your own items. You will be assigned a 15-minute window to drop-off and hang your items on Saturday September 26 between 9am – 11:30am. (Rain Date of Saturday October 3, same times will apply).
- We will not accept any clothing without hangers!
- Masks are required. Please note all consignors dropping-off items must wear a mask (not gaiter) that is covering their nose and mouth.
- Do not participate in consignment if you are feeling sick, have been exposed to Covid-19, or have traveled to a state on PA’s quarantine list within 14 days of the sale. Screen yourself before dropping off consignment items or otherwise attending The Saturday Club’s consignment sale. If you have any cough, shortness of breath, fever, chills, sore throat, muscle pain, or new loss of taste or smell, get tested for COVID-19 and stay home and away from others. If you have been exposed to someone with COVID-19, quarantine at home for 14 days and do not attend any event or meeting associated with The Saturday Club. Additionally, the Pennsylvania Department of Health now requires you to quarantine at home for 14 days after travel to a state with high amounts of COVID-19 cases. These states are listed for your reference on the Pennsylvania Department of Health Website: https://www.health.pa.gov/topics/disease/coronavirus/Pages/Travelers.aspx. If any of the aforementioned conditions apply to you, please do not drop off items or attend The Saturday Club’s consignment sale.
- Practice social distancing. When dropping-off items, please look for the “drop spots” to stand on and please be patient as our volunteers will be doing our best to maintain social distancing. Please stay at least 6 ft. away from others.
How should I tag my items?
- We HIGHLY recommend that you use a tagging gun when attaching your tags. It will save both you and our volunteers time.
- We HIGHLY recommend that you use cardstock to print your tags. If you use regular printer paper, your tags will most likely fall off, and we cannot sell an item without a tag.
- All tags must be either pinned or tagging gunned to the brand or size tag of the item. Please do NOT pin your items in the front. This damages items. Please make sure that your tags are secure. If the tag falls off, we cannot sell your item.
- Use WHITE cardstock for items that you will donate to The Saturday Club after the sale if it does not sell.
- Use YELLOW cardstock for items that you will pick-up if unsold.
- Quick tips on non-clothing items:
- Shoes: use packing tape to secure one tag to each sole. Bring the original box if you have it.
- Sets: secure sets together using safety pins or a tagging gun.
How should I price my items?
Items that sell the best are priced around 20% of the original retail price.
What should I consign?
The Saturday Club Sale is known as a great place to find higher-end clothing and shoes for children.
What we can’t accept:
- We do not accept any children’s toys, accessories or bedding.
- Cribs or mattresses
- Items that are stained, torn, extremely worn, outdated and/or out-of-style.
- Items that smell of smoke, mothballs or are otherwise damaged or unacceptable.
What about unsold items?
Yellow tagged items that are not picked up after the sale or are donated to the Club may be resold in another venue by The Saturday Club, or they may be donated to a charity that also supports women and children.
In the past, our donations have gone to Goodwill, the Neighborhood League, Marian’s Attic (the thrift shop of The Laurel House), and Cradles to Crayons. Select unsold merchandise may be kept for a future sale (with 100% of proceeds going to The Saturday Club).
All proceeds from these sales and the Consignment Sale overall benefit our philanthropic mission to support women and children.
What percentage will I get paid?
- New Consignors will receive 60% of their gross sales for the first two consignment sales they participate in
- Returning consignors will receive 70% of gross sales for all subsequent sales.
Disclaimer & Liability
- CLOTHING & ITEMS: The Saturday Club will take all reasonable precautions to prevent loss, damage, or theft of consigned items. However, by agreeing to consign, consignors acknowledge the possibility of such occurrences and will not hold The Saturday Club or its representatives liable for any such instance should it occur.
- COVID-19: The novel coronavirus (“COVID-19”) has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization. COVID-19 is extremely contagious and is believed to spread mainly from person-to-person contact. As a result, federal, state, and local governments and federal and state health agencies recommend social distancing and have, in many locations, prohibited and/or limited the congregation of groups of people. There is an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 in any public or private place where people are present.
In accordance with recommended guidance from federal, state and local authorities, The Saturday Club (the “Club”) has put in place preventative measures to mitigate the spread of COVID-19; however, the Club cannot guarantee that attendance at a meeting or event at the Club’s Premises and/or at a location other than the Club’s Premises (“Offsite Meeting or Event”), will not increase the likelihood of COVID-19 exposure or infection. For that reason, until further notice, members and prospective members may fulfill all membership requirements, including monthly meeting attendance and credit requirements, virtually, and in-person attendance is neither expected nor required. Any member, prospective member, or event guest who willingly chooses to enter onto the Club’s Premises for any reason, including, but not limited to, attending the Club’s Consignment Sale, and/or attends in-person any Offsite Meeting or Event associated with and/or sponsored by the Club, including but not limited to, committee meetings, book club, or Ways and Means fundraising events, Community Outreach activities, or Membership gatherings, voluntarily assumes the risk that she or he may become exposed and/or infected by COVID-19 and that such exposure or infection may result in personal injury, illness, permanent disability and/or death.
The circumstances regarding COVID-19 are changing day to day and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s and the Pennsylvania Department of Health’s guidelines are regularly modified and/or updated as a result. The Club presumes that all members, prospective members, and event guests will accept full responsibility for familiarizing themselves with the most recent updates and will make an individual assessment of the associated risks of attending an in-person meeting or event at the Club or Offsite. Your decision to enter the premises of the Club, or to attend in-person an Offsite Meeting or Event associated with or sponsored by the Club, is made voluntarily and with full knowledge that you are accepting all risks associated with COVID-19, including illness, injury, permanent disability, and death, and that the Club shall not be responsible if you contract the virus.