Etiquette Program at The Saturday Club
Cotillion and Etiquette programs at The Saturday Club are entrenched in Main Line history. Since Mrs. Hill’s classes of the 1960s and 1970s, Mrs. Faber’s of the 1980s, Mrs. Best’s of the 1990s, through the JDW program of the early 2000s, many a Main Liner has fond memories of weekends spent learning proper etiquette, dance and manners at The Saturday Club.
Beginning in September 2022, the program will continue the legacy, rebranded as ‘Etiquette Program at The Saturday Club’. Focusing on modern manners for social success, the program will be led by Mrs. Emily Krawzyk.
About Emily: Emily Krawzyk is a graduate of Penn State University and Institut Villa Pierrefeu, Glion, Switzerland, which, as the last remaining Swiss finishing school, prepares its graduates for future business and societal interactions by ensuring that they are fully versed in the expectations and formalities of the modern multicultural business world. Mrs. Krawzyk has conducted numerous etiquette sessions since completing her education, most notable being her long-term role training Alpha Xi Delta Fraternity’s National Traveling Team and presenting seminars at the Alpha Xi Delta National Convention. In addition to her recurring role with Alpha Xi Delta, she has provided personalized etiquette education classes for adults, teens, and children, as well as group lessons for local businesses.
2022 Etiquette Program
Eligibility & Pricing:
The Saturday Club’s Etiquette Program is open to boys and girls in 3rd through 6th grades as of September 2022. The price is $250 per student ($25 sibling discount), which is inclusive of all classes plus the formal finale dinner for the student and one parent.
*There are a limited number of scholarships available to cover the cost of The Saturday Club’s Etiquette Program. If you could benefit from a scholarship, please reach out to email@example.com for more information!
Dates & Locations:
- Classes will take place on Friday evenings: September 9th, 16th, 30th and October 14th.
- Children in 3rd and 4th grade will meet from 5:30-6:30PM and children in 5th and 6th grades will meet from 7-8PM.
- The September 9th, 16th and 30th classes will take place at The Saturday Club’s Clubhouse, 117 W. Wayne Avenue in Wayne.
- The formal finale dinner will take place on October 14th from 5:30PM to 9PM at St. Davids Golf Club.
- All grade levels will attend the formal dinner together.
“Come As You Are” to the September 9th, 16th and 30th classes
Semi-Formal Dinner Attire to the October 14th finale dinner
*collared shirts (boys), no denim, no sneakers*
Etiquette Program Curriculum
The 4-week course will focus primarily on social and table manners, culminating with a formal dinner at St. Davids Golf Club on October 14th.
3rd & 4th Grade Curriculum
- How to accept compliments
- How to share the spotlight
- How to use a social filter
- How to make a good first impression
- How to be a good friend
- How to be helpful
- How to be a grateful receiver of gifts
- Introduction skills
- Proper handshake
- How to set a table
- How to order with a clear strong voice
- How to use a napkin
- Tricky foods – soup, spaghetti
- Passing and serving food
- Making choices and ordering from a menu
- Appropriate bites and proper chewing of food
- Quiet feet and hands at the table
- Dining at home vs. dining in public
5th & 6th Grade Curriculum
- How to properly introduce
- The proper way to extend and accept an invitation
- Courtesy in public places
- Conversation skills
- First Impressions
- Proper sitting and standing positions
- Thank you notes
- Cell phone manners
- Host/Guest responsibilities
- American vs. Continental utensil use
- Party foods – finger and buffet
- Entering and including others in conversation
- Appropriate table conversation
- How to treat servers with respect and courtesy
- Use of each utensil – including proper holding, cutting and resting positions
- How to properly set a table
All Grades: Formal Finale Dinner at St. Davids Golf Club
October 14th from 5:30PM to 9PM
The culmination of the 2022 Etiquette Program will be a sit down 3-course dinner at St. Davids Golf Club, followed by a social dancing hour with DJ Stewart, where the children will have the opportunity to showcase their table and social manners learned throughout the program! Each child must be accompanied by one parent. Siblings may be accompanied by the same parent. The cost of the dinner for both the child(ren) and the parent is included in the cost of the program.
2022 Etiquette Program Registration
Registration is not complete until the form is fully submitted. This is a capacity-limited event that we expect to sell out. If a grade level sells out, it will be removed from the registration form. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions!
Thank you for the overwhelming interest in our 2022 Etiquette Program! At this time, both grade programs have sold out.